Guardianship Lawyer

Find Guardianship Attorneys in the USA.

Ohio Probate Lawyer

200 Dixie Highway, Ohio 43460

Orlando Probate Lawyer

871 Outer Rd Suite B, Orlando, FL, Orlando 32814
(407) 737-7222

New York Elder Law Lawyer

45 W 34th St, Suite #1203,, New York 10001

East Setauket Elder Law Lawyer

82 Main Street, Westhampton, East Setauket 11978

East Setauket Elder Law Lawyer

12 Research Way, East Setauket, East Setauket 11733

Danville Estate Planning Lawyer

318 Diablo Rd Ste C, Danville, CA 94526, Danville 94526
(925) 660-7544

Florida Probate Lawyer

10300 49th St N, Clearwater, FL, Florida 33762

Chicago Guardianship Lawyer

Howard D Lerman & Assoc Ltd, 135 S LaSalle St # 2810, , Chicago IL 60603
(312) 578-1491

Darien Guardianship Lawyer

Michael Overmann, Ltd, 7702 S Cass Ave #115, , Darien IL 60561
(630) 810-0316

Chicago Guardianship Lawyer

, Chicago IL 60643
(773) 238-9041

Joliet Guardianship Lawyer

Mahoney Silverman & Cross LLC, 822 129th Infantry Dr, , Joliet IL 60435
(815) 730-9500

Saint James Guardianship Lawyer

Press Law Office PLLC, Park Place East, 5775 Wayzata Blvd, Suite #700, , Saint James MN 55416

Saint Cloud Guardianship Lawyer

Jeddeloh & Snyder PA, Jeddeloh Snyder, 803 West St. Germain Street, , Saint Cloud MN 56301

Omaha Guardianship Lawyer

Badura Wintz Law LLC, 7602 Pacific St, The Wear Building - Suite 300, Omaha

Lexington Guardianship Lawyer

Heldt, McKeone & Copley, 710 N Grant St, P.O. Box 1050, Lexington


Article 81 Guardianship Proceeding

6 January, 2021

Guardianship Law Articles

A guardianship proceeding is commenced under Article 81 of New York State Mental Hygiene Law. The purpose of the proceeding is to have a guardian appointed for a person who is deemed incapacitated and unable to make decisions with respect to personal and/or financial matters. The Court must find that the alleged incapacitated person (or “AIP”) cannot appreciate the nature and consequences of his or her inability to handle such matters and that the AIP is likely to suffer harm if a Guardian is not appointed. Continue reading →

18 November, 2020

Guardianship Law Articles

Choosing who will raise your children in the event you pass away is not an easy task. Unfortunately, there are no statutory guidelines that courts follow. If a guardian is not nominated by the parents, a family or friend must petition the Court to be appointed and the Court will decide who will raise your children. In the short term, your children may be placed in foster care while waiting for the appointment. The good news is that there is a simple way to avoid the Court choosing who will care for your children: the appointment of a Guardian through a Last Will and Testament or a Trust document. During your life, you and your husband should execute estate planning documents that outline what would happen to your children in the event you pass away. This article will discuss some considerations to think about as you plan out these documents. Continue reading →

Refine Search

Pro Listings